The work will be mostly on new build vessels and refit projects in the Dry Dock. It may also include fabricating a variety of items. You’ll be working on some of the most interesting marine projects in the UK. Applicants must have attention to detail and have the ability to work at a face pace and often alone.
Jobs may include but not limited to:
• ARC, MIG and TIG welding (you will be asked to do practice weld in your interview)
• Stainless steel & Carbon Steel Pipework fabrication & installation
• Manufacture of bracketry and framework in Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Carbon Steel
• Marking out Skills
• Installation of equipment, valves & pipework removal, and replacement
• Roll, bend and press plate metal.
• Quality control of fabricated products and experience with NDT.
• Working in confined spaces
• ARC, MIG and TIG welding (you will be asked to do a weld test)
• Knowledge of vessel systems or experience in a similar industry would be a benefit.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
• You will preferably be coded (and in date).
• The ability to interpret written engineering specifications and technical drawings
• You'll be able to manage your own time effectively, often working on multiple projects with strict deadlines.
• You'll have an eye for detail, and quality will be your priority.
• You thrive in a busy working environment and have great problem-solving skills.
• You'll have great communication skills and be willing to share knowledge and experience with our team of apprentices.
• You'll be adaptable and be willing to be involved in other activities that may stray from your usual role.
• Health and safety awareness.
• Must be able to pass a full comprehensive drug and alcohol test.
• Overtime hours if wanted
• Profit share available