About the Role
The work will be mostly on new build vessels and refit projects in the Dry Dock. It may also include fabricating a variety of items. You’ll be working on some of the most interesting marine projects in the UK. Applicants must have attention to detail and have the ability to work at a face pace and often alone.
Jobs may include but not limited to:
• ARC, MIG and TIG welding (you will be asked to do practice weld in your interview)
• Stainless steel & Carbon Steel Pipework fabrication & installation
• Manufacture of bracketry and framework in Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Carbon Steel
• Marking out Skills
• Installation of equipment, valves & pipework removal, and replacement
• Roll, bend and press plate metal.
• Quality control of fabricated products and experience with NDT.
• Working in confined spaces
• ARC, MIG and TIG welding (you will be asked to do a weld test)
• Knowledge of vessel systems or experience in a similar industry would be a benefit.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
• You will preferably be coded (and in date).
• The ability to interpret written engineering specifications and technical drawings
• You'll be able to manage your own time effectively, often working on multiple projects with strict deadlines.
• You'll have an eye for detail, and quality will be your priority.
• You thrive in a busy working environment and have great problem-solving skills.
• You'll have great communication skills and be willing to share knowledge and experience with our team of apprentices.
• You'll be adaptable and be willing to be involved in other activities that may stray from your usual role.
• Health and safety awareness.
• Must be able to pass a full comprehensive drug and alcohol test.
• Overtime hours if wanted
• Profit share available
Penzance Dry Dock was saved from closing last year, and in that time, our team have:
⭐️ Completed 10 vessel projects in the Dry Dock (4 Work Boats, 3 Barges, 1 Ferry, 1 Defence, 1 Survey)
⭐️ 26 additional projects in Wet Dock, Tidal Dock, Mobile Repair jobs, Fabrication and Manufacturing
⭐️ Launched the first apprenticeship scheme in over 25 years at the Dry Dock
⭐️ Grown the company, creating a range of jobs, and have now quadrupled staff numbers
⭐️ Helping young people into work through Kickstarter scheme
⭐️Entered new markets, Offshore renewables, and Shipbuilding
⭐️ Opened Penzance Dry Dock to exporting opportunities
⭐️ Won high-value government contracts.
⭐️ Utilizing all the operational spaces available
⭐️ Taking on projects that have never been seen at Penzance Dry Dock in 200 years.
⭐️ Representing the UK on a trade mission to Zanzibar
⭐️ Attending the National Shipbuilding Office Roundtable
⭐️Winning the Rising Star Award and being a finalist for 4 other awards.
What the Penzance Dry Dock team has achieved in such a short space of time is remarkable, and we have even more ambitious plans for the years to come. We are looking for talented, energetic people to join our team and understand our vision to rejuvenate the industry in the Southwest.
If you are interested in joining the team, please email your CV and Covering letter to email@example.com.