Wharf Rd, Penzance TR18, UK
Penzance Dry Dock are looking for a supervisor of the works to support the Foreman.
The role will include
- Remove, install, repair, and maintain marine mechanical systems and equipment on board ships.
- Remove, overhaul, and install a variety of mechanical equipment which could include hydraulics, water, and fuel systems.
- Working to engineering drawings and technical specifications, you'll also install and align new equipment and carry out system and equipment functional tests and surveys.
- Daily planning with the foreman and communicating work to team.
- Updating project plans and reporting progress.
- Preparing documentation such as risk assessments, permits to work etc
- Toolbox talks
- Identifying and flagging any issues with the project
- Must be a qualified time served Marine Engineer.
- Must have IT skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- You'll be able to manage your own time effectively, often working on multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- You'll have an eye for detail, and quality will be your priority.
- You thrive in a busy working environment and have great problem-solving skills.
- You'll have great communication skills and be willing to share knowledge and experience with our team of apprentices.
- Must be able to pass a full comprehensive drug and alcohol test.
- Health and Safety qualifications not essential but desirable.
40 hours per week across 5 days, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 07:45-16:30. Less hours would be considered at a pro-rata rate.
20 days + 8 days public holidays.