Penzance Dry Dock are looking for a Business Support Assistant to join the office team.
The role will include:
- Manning the reception deck and being the first point of contact for the Dry Dock.
- Managing VIP’s and Government officials, greeting clients and ‘holding the fort’ ensuring no one enters the yard without the correct inductions, PPE and a guide.
- Act as first point of contact with visitors to the department and respond to a wide variety of queries, often dealing with complex and sensitive issues, in a courteous and efficient manner, making referrals to senior staff as necessary.
- Screening calls, booking meetings, and managing the CEO’s diary.
- Organising company meetings, taking minutes, and issuing them.
- Organising events and travel arrangements for the team.
- Managing company insurance renewals, and compliance documents
- Managing the offices and company vehicles.
- Keep an accurate record of team members’ annual leave, sickness, and other leave requirements.
- Supporting admin for project team including uploading hours from the timesheets and compiling project paperwork
- Manage the company training log, suggest training courses to be scheduled in line with requirements, rotas and crew availability.
- Take responsibility for the ordering of office supplies and the maintenance of office equipment for the department.
To be flexible in their approach to the work, according to priorities and changing organisational systems.
- Undertake photocopying and any other administrative tasks.
- Supporting the Commercial team with market research.
- You will manage contractors and clients that speak different languages, but you’ll get a lot of support on this front.
- You are highly organised with a methodical approach to your work.
- You are quick to build relationships and can communicate effectively at all levels
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Adaptable, Confident, Pro-active, Responsible
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Driving licence is preferable
40 hours per week across 5 days, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 07:45-16:30.
Job Type: Full-time
Wharf Rd, Penzance TR18 2GA, UK