About the Role
We are continuously looking for talented individuals to join our growing team at Linked Solutions group. We have an exciting new opportunity for fabrication engineers to join a hard-working marine team.
The work will be mostly on new build vessels and refit projects in the Dry Dock. It will also include fabricating a variety of products. You'll be working on some of the most interesting marine projects in the UK, and the diversity of tasks will keep you interested.
Wages: Depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours a week
Your role will include:
• Stainless steel & Carbon Steel Pipework fabrication & installation
• Manufacture of bracketry and framework in Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Carbon Steel
• Knowledge of vessel systems or experience in a similar industry would be a benefit.
• Experience of ARC, MIG and TIG.
• Marking out Skills and experience that would be useful.
• Installation of equipment, valves & pipework removal, and replacement
• Ability to roll, bend and press plate metal.
• The ability to interpret written engineering specifications and technical drawings.
• Quality control of fabricated products and experience with NDT.
• Working in confined spaces.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
• You will preferably be coded (and in date).
• The ability to interpret written engineering specifications and technical drawings
• You'll be able to manage your own time effectively, often working on multiple projects with strict deadlines.
• You'll have an eye for detail, and quality will be your priority.
• You thrive in a busy working environment and have great problem-solving skills.
• You'll have great communication skills and be willing to share knowledge and experience with our team of apprentices.
• You'll be adaptable and be willing to be involved in other activities that may stray from your usual role.
• Health and safety awareness.
• Must be able to pass a full comprehensive drug and alcohol test.